"Your clothes conceal much of your beauty, yet they hide not the unbeautiful. And though you seek in garments the freedom of privacy, you may find in them a harness and a drain. Would that you could meet the sun and the wind with more of your body and less of your raiment." ~Khalil Gibran, The Prophet
Rules are a necessary and healthy supporting framework for any club or organization. West Penn Naturist of Pittsburgh has established the following rules for our club events that we believe will ensure the comfort and safety of our members and guests.
1. As a private non-profit organization, all club events are invitation-only and are not open to the general public. Members and invited guests must register at the door upon arrival, pay applicable fees and show positive identification.
2. If any member or guest is found to have provided a false name, address, telephone number, that person will be denied attendance to club events.
3. Minors (under 18 years of age) will only be admitted if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
4. Membership confidentiality is the responsibility of each member and guest. No one is permitted to reveal the fact of anyone's membership in the club, attendance at any club event, or any attendee's surname/phone/email or any other identifying information, to anyone without prior permission from the individual.
5. West Penn Naturist of Pittsburgh is a nudist club. While leniency may be granted to individuals new to social nudism, members and guests are generally expected to be nude during club events. Underwear, bras, and lingerie are not acceptable in place of being nude. [EXCEPTION: Menstruating women are permitted to wear a sarong, shorts, towel, or other non-suggestive garment.]
6. Following etiquette for all nudist events, all club members and guests should always sit on a towel and should not sit on another person's towel without permission.
7. Overt sexual behavior is strictly prohibited. Any member or guest showing behavior considered to be inappropriate, vulgar, excessively profane, abusive, or sexual in nature will be asked to leave. Any member or guest showing overt sexual behavior toward a minor will immediately and without hesitation be reported to law enforcement authorities.
8. Cameras will not be permitted to be used by members or guests during any club event. The club may, on occasion, take event pictures by a designated photographer, however; no pictures will be taken without the permission of each and every subject visible in the photograph. Pictures may be occasionally used in club publications, but never without the specific consent of those photographed for each usage.
9. There is no life guard on duty during West Penn Naturist of Pittsburgh swimming events. Use of the pool is at your own risk. The club is not liable for any accident, loss, or injury incurred while attending any club event or activity.
10. Observe all posted pool, sauna, and wet sauna rules.
11. While responsible alcohol consumption is acceptable at club events, intoxication and the use of illegal substances are prohibited.
12. Glass bottles and glass containers are prohibited.
13. Smoking is permitted only in designated areas.
One or more violations of the rules cited above may be grounds for punitive actions such as ejection from the club event, revocation of club membership, or banning from participation in any or all West Penn Naturist of Pittsburgh events. Any fees paid by the individual prior to any such punitive action taken will not be refunded.